* Identify and describe at least three (3) groups that you are or have been in association with and how these experiences have helped you develop as an adult.
1. My family has and always will be my backbone. My father is my best friend. He made sure that I was always proper with people, never shake hands like a limp catfish, if they were a peer and not related always call them Aunt or Uncle, never by their first name, always use Sir or Ma’am. He also insisted on the three “R’s” in education, (Reading, Ritting, and R-rithmatic).
2. I was always involved in sports, whether it being fishing, (which taught me patience), bowling, (taught me patience, aiming, poise, and angles). Pool taught me geometry. Football and softball taught me plan making, defense, offence, continuous teamwork, and most of all socialism. All of these together made me person who wants to work as a team, if the team fails then the whole project is a wash up.
3. My fiancé is my other mentor; she has worked hard for are family for over 4 years. She supported her family, raised two girls on her own and always has a cheerful outlook on life. She can always make the best of any situation no matter how bad it looks.
* How will your life experiences prove to be beneficial as you begin your degree program? (Group memberships are limited to clubs, athletic organizations, religious organizations, schools, family, cultures, and ethnicity.)
1. When I started continuing my education, I was inducted to PHI Theta
Kappa the first semester I felt that I could accomplish anything that I set
my mind to.
2. I feel that the way I was raised with the emphasis on education that I
have the drive, stamina, and determination to succeed.