Describe how to recognise and manage an infant and a child who is suffering from anaphylactic shock.
Anaphylactic shock is always and will be severe and life-threating allergic reaction that might or maybe occur after a bee sting or any other sting’s or it might be after eating foods that you might be allergic too for example peanuts. Therefore the reaction will possibly come straight after the trigger is touched. The trigger might or may have any of these things include: nuts, eggs, wasp and bee stings and it might have something to do with certain medications.
When a child or infant have anaphylactic shock it’s because they have a reaction to something and then the chemicals are released into the blood then that will widen the blood vessels so that will cause the blood pressure to fall. So that the air passage will narrow, therefore that will give the child or infant breathing difficulties. On the other hand the tongue and throught will swell then that will obstruct the airway. An infant or chid that is having anaphylactic shock will need urgent medical help because this might be a fatal.
The signs & symptom’s that might come at once so the child might lose consciousness: high pitched wheezing sound, blotchy/ itchy/ raised rash, swollen eye lids, lips and tongue, difficulty speaking then breathing, abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhoea. When you might suspect a child or infant that might be having anaphylactic shock then you should ring for an ambulance.