What is the Etiology of Parkinson disease
• Lack of dopamine
The symptoms and signs of Multiple Sclerosis
• Automatic movements (such as blinking) slow or stop
• Difficulty swallowing
• Impaired balance and walking
• Lack of expression in the face.
• Lack of coordination/unsteady gait.
1. shaking usually occur in the limbs at rest
2. shaking goes away during movement
• ruling out other neurological disorders
• Medical History
• Neurological exam
• Drug trial
• Deterioration of all brain function with out meds
• Most people responds to meds
• Side effects of medication
• Medicines to control symptoms
3. Levodopa for movement related symptoms
4. Memantine for cognitive difficulties
• Physical therapy
• Speech therapy
• Occupational therapy
• Support groups
Lang AE. When and how should treatment be started in Parkinson disease? Neurology. 2009;72(7 Suppl):S39-43. [PubMed: 19221313]
Weaver FM, Follett K, Stern M, et al. Bilateral deep brain stimulation vs best medical therapy for patients with advanced Parkinson disease: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2009;301(1):63-73. [PubMed: 19126811]
Zesiewicz TA, Sullivan KL, Arnulf I, Chaudhuri KR, Morgan JC, Gronseth GS, et al. Practice Parameter: treatment of nonmotor symptoms of Parkinson disease: report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology. Neurology. 2010 Mar 16;74(11):924-31.
The Etiology MS is unknown but most researchers...