NCDA Scavenger Hunt-Part 1
1. What is the relationship of the NCDA to the American Counseling Association? The NCDA was founded by the American Counseling Association.
2. What is the purpose of NCDA? To provide professional development resources, standards, scientific research and advocacy.
3. What are your personal results after taking the Career Decision Making Questionnaire? Irrational beliefs and expectations about career decisions, such as the belief that one only chooses a career once and that that choice is necessarily a life-long commitment, or that one occupation can fulfill all of a person's aspirations, may impede the career decision-making process. I can sometimes be indecisive, lack motivations and have internal conflicts when it comes to deciding what I need to do or get done.
4. What is the purpose of the MyMajors instrument? To emulate a human academic advisor for a university. Conducts a natural feeling interview that most students complete in 10 minutes. Tests consist of student’s likes and dislikes, various subjects, as well as values and preferences. It advices students on top possible majors for colleges.
5. What are your personal results after taking the MyMajors sample? The top careers are: Social Work, Human Resources Administration, Religious Studies, Management/Business Administration and Sociology. Family Counseling is under the umbrella of Social Work and Counseling is under Religious Studies. Family Counseling is what I really want to do. Criminal Justice is # 8 on my scale and that is what I minored in at the College of Charleston.
6. What is the purpose of CareerInfoNet? It helps students determine what they want to pursue as a career. It also answers questions for students when they are not sure of what they wanted to do.
7. According to CareerInfoNet, what is the fastest growing occupation for persons with a bachelor’s degree? Biomedical Engineers is the fastest growing occupation for a person with a bachelor’s...