Preparing to the teach in the lifelong learning sector (PTLLS) | |
[Type the abstract of the document here. The abstract is typically a short summary of the contents of the document. Type the abstract of the document here. The abstract is typically a short summary of the contents of the document.] | [Type the document subtitle] |
1.1- Summarise key aspects of legislation, regulatory requirement and code of practice relating to own role and responsibility.
* Legislation requirement: - a duty of act according to the law as defined in an act of parliament and usually enforcement through the court.
* Code of practice:- asset of rules outlying how a person in particular profession.
Examples of legislation and code of practice
* Health and safety at work
* Race relation
* Disability discrimination act
* Special educational need and disability
* Equality act
* Data protection
* Copy right design and patents act
* Ifl code of practice for teachers
* Safer practice, safer learning
1.2- Analyse :- own responsibilities for promoting equality and valuing diversity
Equality:- state of being equal right, treatment, quality or value equal to all others in specific group.
Diversity:- the concept of diversity encompasses acceptance and respect.
It means understanding that each individuals is unique, and recognizing our individual difference. These can be long the dimensions of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs or other ideologies. It is the exploration of these difference in a safe, positive and nurturing environment .
It is about understanding each other.
Examples of diversity in the workplace
* Race and ethnicity.
* Physical appearance.
* Problem solving ability.
* Critical thinking ability.
* Team building ability.