201 ERR ASSIGNMENT
1. The aspects of employment covered by law are:
1. Employment rights act 1996
2 Equality act 2010
3 Health and safety at work act 1974
4 Health and social act 2008/Regulations 2009
1 Employment rights 1996- Wrongful and Unfair (including constructive) Dismissal
- Redundancy and Operational Downsizing
- Discrimination claims – on the grounds of race, religion, sex and sexual orientation, disability and age
- TUPE claims
- Enforcement of Employment Restrictions
- Breach of contract claims
2 Equality act 2010-The Equality Act 2010 (Amendment) Order 2012 (SI number 334) was laid before Parliament on 13 February with a coming into force date of 6th April 2012. The amendment makes clear that a person in a discrimination dispute with their employer or former employer can seek the advice of their own lawyer before signing a compromise contract with the employer to settle the dispute. The original wording of Section 147 achieved this, but the amendment makes the meaning clearer, and will restore confidence in using compromise contracts as an option for dispute resolution in the workplace.
3 Health and safety at work act 1974-
- Provide a safe place to work
- Ensure that articles and substances are used, handled, stored and transported in a way that is safe and with out risk to health.
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision necessary to ensure the health and safety of everyone at work.
- Provide and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Ensure that welfare arrangements and facilities are adequate for the employees at work.
It shall be the duty of every employee to:
a. Make them familiar with and conform to the safety and health program at all times.
b. Observe all safety rules...