NVQ Certificate in Health and Social Care Level 2AssessmentInfection Control |
Your Name: Work Placement:Managers/ Supervisor’s name:Contact No:Assessment Completion Date:Signed Assessor:Signed Candidate: |
1.1 Explain employees’ roles and responsibilities in relation to the prevention and control of infection
The Care worker has a responsibility under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 to take care of one`s own health and safety and others you care or support including their family, friends and work colleagues.
The act requires Carers to :
* Take reasonable care for their own safety and that of others.
* Cooperate with the employer in respect of Health and Safety matters .Not intentionally damage any Health and safety equipment or materials provided by the employer
* Attend training provided by the employer
* Use protective equipment provide by the employer
In respect of the prevention of infection you must think about the prevention and control for you and others around you. Basic controls are:
* Dispose of waste correctly
* Wash hands when appropriate
* Keep equipment clean
* Remain vigilant and report potential hazards
* Attend infection control training and keep updated
* Wear clean PPE I( personal protective equipment) for each person
* Maintaining personal hygiene.
1.2 Explain employers’ responsibilities in relation to the prevention and control of infection
The Health and Safety Legislation require that employers have a duty of care to protect employee for example:
* Provide a safe workplace
* Carry out risk assessments to assess the dangers of certain work activities
* Provide training to staff
* Provide PPE
* Ensure regular health and safety checks are undertaken.
The employer should have infection prevention control policies and procedures for the staff.
The manager will support and advise the Carer in respect of these procedures
2.1 Outline current...