Computer Components Scavenger Hunt IT-IDT-4
IT-IDT-4 Identify, describe, evaluate, select and use appropriate technology.
Use your favorite search engine to find the answers to the questions below. Copy and paste the web address from the Web page where you found the answer. Some questions have more than one answer.
1. What is an ultracapacitator? Device used for storing electrical energy
2. What Carnegie Mellon University professor was the first person to use :-) as a horizontal smiley face in a computer message in 1982? Scott E. Fahlman
3. What are rune stones and their connection to Danish King Harald Blatand (Bluetooth)?
It’s a large stone carved with runes by ancient Scandinavians or Anglo -Saxons
4. Consumers use touchscreens at bank ATMs, airport check-ins, and mall kiosks. What did Dr. Samuel C. Hurst invent in 1971 that led to the development of touch screen technology?
5. What are the names of three games that use a dance pad?
6. Who holds patents awarded in the 1950s for automatic video scanning and inspection methods, which led to bar code technology?
7. What company manufactured and what company marketed the first commercial fax machine?
8. What is the largest monitor available on the ViewSonic Web site?
9. What is the ENERGY STAR Change a Light Campaign? How many people have taken the pledge?
10. List 2 emerging technologies that were used in the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. Technology that has never been used in the Olympics before this summer.