Welcome

Anti Essays offers essay examples to help students with their essay writing.

Sign Up

Explicit Content In Game Ads Essay

Open Document

Below is an essay on "Explicit Content In Game Ads" from Anti Essays, your source for research papers, essays, and term paper examples.

Karanovich 1 Anthony Karanovich Professor Clemente English 101 26 August 2011

Explicit Content in Video Game Ads Video game ads contribute a big factor in our purchase of a game, it can tell us what to expect. Would you buy a game for instance if on the ad it displayed a nude male / female on it, or perhaps a limb ripped of some fictional character? Now days the target audience is 60 % adult oriented, ages ranging 18 - 34 years of age. What about the other 40 % you ask, well that is why the gaming industry came up with its own rating system that is reviewed by the Entertainment Software Review Board ( ESRB ). There are curently seven ratings to which the board decides if a game is worthy to be rated. The ratings are as followed according to the ESRB website (http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp) : Early Childhood The rating for Early Childhood is represented by the letters EC and maybe suitable for children ages 3 and up. Everyone The rating for Everyone is represented by the letter E and is suitable for all ages. Everyone 10+ The rating for Everyone 10+ is represented by the letter E10+ is suitable for ages 10 and older. May contain more cartoon, fantasy or mild violence, mild language and / or minimal suggestive themes. Teen The rating for Teen is represented by the letter T and is suitable for ages 13 and older. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and / or infrequent use of strong language. Mature The rating for Mature is represented by the letter M and is suitable for ages 17 and up. May contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and / or strong language.

Karanovich 2 Adults Only The rating for Adult Only is represented by the letters AO and is suitable adults only. May include prolonged scenes of intense violence and / or graphic sexual content and nudity. Rating Pending The rating for Rating Pending is represented by the letters RP and has not yet been rated. These ratings are...

Show More


Citations

MLA Citation

"Explicit Content In Game Ads". Anti Essays. 18 Nov. 2017

<http://www.antiessays.com/free-essays/Explicit-Content-In-Game-Ads-108977.html>

APA Citation

Explicit Content In Game Ads. Anti Essays. Retrieved November 18, 2017, from the World Wide Web: http://www.antiessays.com/free-essays/Explicit-Content-In-Game-Ads-108977.html