1. KNOW THE STATUTORY RESPONSIBILITIES AND RIGHTS OF EMPLOYEES AND EMPLOYERS WITHIN OWN AREA OF WORK.
1.1) LIST THE ASPECTS OF EMPLOYMENT COVERED BY LAW :
Contract of employment
Work hours & holiday entitlement
Health and safety
1.2) LIST THE MAIN FEATURES OF CURRENT EMPLOYMENT LEGISLATION:
The employment law covers
1. Employment rights
2. Health & safety legislation
3. Equalities and discrimination law
1.3) OUTLINE WHY LEGISLATION RELATING TO EMPLOYMENT EXSISTS:
To stop the exploitation of workers by their employers and to ensure the job employee's are doing is safe.
examples include : minimum wage, maternity leave, safety standards, holiday entitlement, discrimination laws & holiday entitlements.
1.4) Identify sources and types of
information and advice available in
relation to employment
responsibilities and rights
1. Internally. There is a range of information available to employees and employers, for example an employer usually has information available outlining the working practice of the company, this is usually can be found in the staff handbook, or from the line manager or health and safety officer.
2. Externally. Other sources of information outside the workplace, for example, local authority, trade unions, professional associations, internet.
2. Understand agreed ways of working that protect own relationship with employer.
2.1) Describe the terms and conditions of
own contract of employment
My main terms of contract are as follows
1: Three month trail period.
2: Pay rate (£6.08 ph).
3. Hours of work (38.5hrs pro rate).
4. Holiday entitlement (19 days per annum).
5. Sickness and injury conditions and procedures.
6. Notice procedures (four weeks notice period).
7. Special conditions (CRB check).
2.2) Describe the information shown on
own pay statement .
1. Amount of your wages before any...