Employee Assistance Program
Employee assistance program (EAPs) are worksite-based programs and/or resources designed to benefit both employers and employees. EAPs help businesses and organizations address productivity issues by helping employees identify and resolve personal concerns that affect job performance.Through prevention, identification, and resolution of these issues, EAPs enhance employees and workplace effectiveness and are a vital tool for maintaining and improving worker health and productivity, retaining valued employees, and returning employees to work after illness or injuries.
Employees have found that proactive, preventive efforts to help employees identify and resolve personal issues before they have serious medical, family, and/or workplace consequences make financial and business sense.
There are multiple channels by which you can communicate with the counsellors.
• Telephonic. The toll-free number helps you connect with a counsellor. For subsequent discussions, an appointment is required so that you speak with the same counsellor. There is also a 24x7 emergency number for immediate concerns.
• Online. The entire correspondence between employees and a counsellor happens over a secured webpage which is encrypted. Subsequent communication is sent directly to the same counsellor.
• Face-to-face. With a prior appointment, employees can also meet the counsellor in the office of the counsellor.
Features of EAPs
• Direct Access: Employees can call the psychologist's office directly.
• Quick Response: The counselling sessions occurs frequently or on request, and a crisis is dealt with immediately.
• Professional: Counsellors usually have their Doctorate degree in clinical psychology, and are experts in human behaviour.
• Confidentiality: The employer never knows who uses the service.
• Off-Site: Counselling takes place at the Psychologist's office.
• Direct Treatment: Referrals are made only when the patient requires another specialist or...