This report focus on a company called Jean Metrot, which in Paris. Recently, Jean Metrot was acquired by Dallas based company called The Cornerstone Group so that they launch the sales of their own products: white goods, cookers and household appliances, in Europe and grow the company. This report has been requested to find out how staff morale can be raised in order to improve the relations between management and staff. The reason for this is because that since the acquisition, there have been many issue such as factory inspections, which each staff do not like, a lot of redundancies such as 60 people have lost their jobs, which staff think is unprofessional, further changes such as people looking for new jobs - they want to move before they are pushed, and issues with the management style – the staff constantly complain about the silly changes that the management are making.
There will be five headings in this report:
* Terms of Reference – this will state who has requested this report and when it will be submitted to them.
* Procedure – this will state who was involved with the report and the topics that they have talked about
* Findings – this will list the findings of the report
* Conclusions – this will summarise the findings
* Recommendations – this will state what recommendations are made to managers of Jean Metrot
Terms of reference:
Hugh Whitman, is Chief Executive of Jean Metrot has requested this report of raising staff morale at the French branches. The report need to be submitted to him on on 12th March, 2014 at 2pm.
To find out information about how the morale of the staff could be raised, the best action to take was to talking with actual workers. Therefore, the participants were workers of one of Jean Metrot factories based in northern France. Individual interviews were decided against it and it was considered that it would be the best to have a group discussion, which would raise more...