Country Risk Analysis Brazil - Summary
* President (Dilma Rousseff 2010 first female president Workers Party) -> 4 year term, can be relected once.
* Voting is mandatory
* National congress made up 513 deputies, 81 senadors -> party with more seats more important.
* Lula's high reputation economic policies and welfare programs to eradict hunger , fought youth unemployment and the program ‘Bolsa Familia’ -> largest redistribution program fighting against poverty.
* Rousseff's responsabilities Growth Acceleration Program, Internal security and country image for following events.
Bad governance and corruption
* No uniform security policy, lack of cooperation between states.
* High number of homicies and illicit drug traffic-> law violated in city slums
* Population feels unprotected and insecure.
* Judiciary system -> crowded and contentious legal
* Mensalao, ‘big monthly scandal’, latest case of corruption ->political staff receiving payment from public funds.
* Corruption directly connected -> organized crime, violence and lawlessness climate in city slums, weak judiciary and violent police department.
* Ranked 73rd among 182. BRICS list ranked 2nd after South Africa. Latin American countries list 3rd country, scored 0.1 percent higher than average-> average for a Latin American country.
Lack of democracy and political stability
* Brazilians are in favor of the democratic government.
* Government supports market competition, no restrictions or disadvantages for use of profits and transferences.
* Reduction of high taxation levels necessary, efficient government spending, flexibility of public authorities and legislation.
National Trade Policies and Foreign Relationships
* Policy changes -> unilateral liberalization and regional economic integration
* Member of the World Trade...