1. Keeping your child safe from harm is a lot harder than it may seem. Even if you are presently doing everything within your power to keep your child safe, danger lurks around every corner. Keeping safety precautions in mind at all times is a great way to protect your child from possible harm. (Attention Getter)
2. Knowing your child whereabouts at all times is very important. Just imagine not knowing where you child is, whether or not they are free from possible harm. According to parents.com every 40 seconds in the United States, a child becomes missing or is abducted.
3. Through my extensive research on child abduction I have gained a lot of knowledge. As a parent it is important that you keep your child safe from any possible danger. I have provided some tips in my presentation, in which I thought are very good tips in order to prevent child abduction. After listening to my speech my audience will become familiar with child abduction, know the statistics and even know some laws here in the United States. (Credibility Statement)
4. Today I will talk to you all about child abduction. I will provide some laws, show statistics as well as give some tips on how to prevent possible child abduction. (Preview of Speech).
Transition: Facts about Child Abduction
I. What is child abduction?
1. Child Abduction is the kidnapping of a child or baby by an older person.
1. In 15 of the past 18 years, there has been an increase in the number of missing children.
2. The increase in missing children since 1988 is 500%.
3. According to the Vanished Children's Alliance, every 40 seconds child disappears or is kidnapped in the United States.
4. Justice Department statistics of kidnapped children in America indicates that the risk of abduction by a stranger is relatively low for preschoolers, but increases through elementary school and peaks at age 15. Teen-age girls are considered most vulnerable.