Colonial Consumers in Revolt: Buyer Values
And Behavior During the Nonimportation
Prepared for Dr. Ndoma-Ogar
Marketing and Management
Assignment submitted in partial fulfillment
Of the requirements for the
Course 3451 Consumer Marketing
July 7, 2003
Of an Article:
1. Who is the author? (What are his qualification for writing on this topic?)
Business or administrative experience
Other published work
2. What is the author’s message?
Major theme (in one sentence, if possible)
Purpose of the message
3. What evidence is offered to support this theme?
Three or four key points supported by references, facts, quotes, etc.
4. How well is the argument presented?
5. How does this article relate to other work in this area of marketing?
Other authorities (articles, books, etc.)
6. What is the significance of this article for Marketing?
Marketing usefulness of ideas presented
Future direction of work in this area
The author of the article is “Terrence H. Witkowski”. The author has a Ph.D (Marketing Emphasis) from Berkeley and he is a Marketing Professor at California State University, Long Beach. The author also teaches International Business and Intercultural Business Communications. He used to be the Chair for the Department of Marketing at California State University from 1993 to 1996. So far the author has written 17 articles, edited 3 books, presented 42 papers, received several awards and honors and a host of other academic achievements...