Unit one: Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Name: Albena Prodanova
Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration, UNIT 1
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
• Job description: Personal Care Assistant
• Hours of work: The standard working week is 40 hours. If you normally work less hours than is standard, you holiday entitlement will reduced on a pro—rata basis.
• Sick pay: You are only entitled to Statutory Sick Pay. If you are sick for more than seven days you must provide me with a sick note from your doctor.
• Holiday pay: You are entitled to 24 days paid holiday per leave year. The leave year starts from your date of employment that includes bank holidays.
2 a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
Legislation is the way that can operate and control one business. Law can be imposed by the UK or EU courts and the government. The main areas of legislation that affect employers in a business environment are
Employment law – this is aimed to protect health,...