21 July, 2011
Make Your Own Atis Leaves Candle
Making Atis Leaves candles is easy. Follow this steps and make your own candles at home in less than 10 minutes:
* Wax. Any form of all-purpose wax will do.
* Atis Leaves Extract. You will need Atis Leaves Extract for the candle to be effective against mosquitoes.
* Mold. This is the container which you will be pouring the hot wax into. The container shape/designs is your choice.
* Container for Melting Wax. Nothing specific, a saucepan filled with water or a coffee tin will do.
* Wick. Your candle will not work without a wick. You can purchase wicks at any craft store or you can choose to do it yourself by dipping a string or cord into hot wax.
* Releaser. Any form of cooking oil or silicone spray will do, as long as it does not have a petroleum base as it may release toxic fumes while burning.
* Wooden Spoon/Stick. This will be used for stirring the wax.
* Wick Cutter. A knife or a pair of scissors will do.
1. Make the Wick: Soak a piece of heavy string or cord into wax and set to dry on a sheet of wax paper. You can also buy candle wicks instead of making them.
2. Heat the Wax: Heat your container to approximately 140 degrees and place unmelted wax into it.
3. Add Atis Leaves Extracts: As the wax is melting add 2-4 drops of the abstract of Atis leaves.
4. As the wax is melting spray your releaser into your mold.
5. Stir the melting wax softly with your wooden spoon.
6. Pour the wax into the mold and remember not to fill it to the top. Leave about one inch at the top of the mold.
7. Place the wicks into the melting wax. Hold wick in place either using your hand or tie it to a pencil in order to ensure the wick stays upright and does not fall over.
8. Set to dry.
You're done! Making Atis Leaves candles is as easy as pie.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to Facebook
Dengue is a deadly disease. All...