Around the World in Ten Days
1. Answer every question in 2-3 complete sentences. Be sure to provide concrete examples when possible.
2. For each piece of paper you use in responding, be sure to put the appropriate heading in the upper right hand corner.
3. Read the directions! For every question!
Background (20pts total)
1. Explain how Argentina became an independent country. (2pts)
Ideas of enlightenment, Spanish king abdicates throne in 1810, Spanish colonies left to fight for independence, Overthrow viceroy in 1810.
2. Explain the primary differences between the Conservative Elites and the more liberal parties in Argentina's history. (2pts)
Conservative Elites had strong relationships with France and Britain, without them they had more socially liberal policies.
3. Explain Import Substitution Industrialization in your own words (2pts), and
Import Substitution Industrialization means to trade. To trade goods and products that will help other industries.
a. explain who used it (1pt)
The economy uses it to trade with other countries.
b. why they used it (1pt)
They use it so they develop their country and meet other countries.
c. the effects of Import Substitution Industrialization on the economy of Argentina (2pts)
d. the effects of it on the foreign relations of Argentina (2pts)
4. Explain who Presidents Peron and Yrigoyen were. Be sure to identify their political parties and any major changes that they made to the country’s voting systems. (3 pts)
-Peron was the president of Argentina in 1946. His major contribution to the country was the voting systems which allow women to vote in 1947.
5. How was President Peron involved in the “Dirty War”? (2pts)
It was his government that fought in the Dirty War.
6. Explain the significance of the Ford Falcon or the ESMA. (3pts)
- The Ford Falcon was a black car that was use to...