Chapter 5 How People Le
1. What is active learning? Discuss three (3) characteristics of active learners.
Answer- active learning is sharing certain characteristics and employs various strategies and techniques to ensure that they continue to do well in their courses.
* Read with the purpose of understanding and remembering:- active learns has to read any information with a certain purpose or purpose of remembering.
* Reflect on information and think critically:- being reflective is an important part of active learning it means that learners are thinking about the information.
* Question information:-active learners don’t question everything but they always do evaluate what they read and hear.
2. Explain the significance of the research discussed in Chapter 5 relating to students’ perceptions of the importance of memory.
Answer-the researcher also found that there were no gender, major, or grade point average differences. That is, males and females responded in similar ways to the questionnaire, as did those with differing majors and grade point average. This research indicate that college students understand the importance of improving their memories as a way of adding to their success in college, both academically and socially.
3. Explain the “parts” theory of memory. According to this theory, how can you improve your memory of information?
Answer-according to the what we call the “parts theory”. There are three different types of memory-
* Sensory store- the first part of memory, the sensory store serves as a kind of filter. That is your sense is often bombarded with information, much of which you can’t remember.
* Short-term memory- STM is the part where information is held for a brief period of time- less than thirty seconds, unless you do something to retain it. STM can only hold small number of items. If you want to increase the amount of time information can stay in STM, you can either rehearse the information by...