The student will read an assigned nursing article and write a critique related to a selected topic.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO #3: Utilize effective communication when performing a health assessment. (PO #3)
CO #5: Explore the professional responsibilities involved in conducting a comprehensive health assessment and providing appropriate documentation. (PO #6)
1. Download the following article from the Chamberlain library. See “Searching Databases-Tips for finding Assigned Articles.docx” from the Doc Sharing tab if you are unfamiliar with downloading articles from the library.
The APA formatted reference is below:
Lloyd, H., & Craig. S. (2007). A guide to taking a patient’s history. Nursing Standard, 22(13), 42-48.
The elements of the reference are:
Authors: Lloyd, H., & Craig, S.
Title: A guide to taking a patient's history, Clinical skills: 28
Journal: Nursing Standard, volume 22, issue 13, pages 42-48
2. Read the article carefully and take notes. Highlight important points in the article that are helpful to you and other students.
3. Use Microsoft Word 2007 (or later) to type the paper.
4. The length of the paper is to be no longer than four (4) pages excluding title page and reference page. Extra pages will not be read and will not count toward your grade.
5. APA format is required. Include a title page and a reference page. The body of the paper should have four sections with these headings:
b. Summary of the Article
c. Evaluation of the Article
6. Use scholarly writing including correct English grammar, syntax and sentence structure.
7. Submit the paper to the Journal Article Review basket in the Drop Box by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT, at the end of Week 2. Please post questions about this assignment to the weekly Q&A Forums so the entire class may view the answers.
Category Points % Description...