Student ID: 21844649 Exam: 986039RR - THE POLITICAL PROCESS
When you have completed your exam and reviewed your answers, click Submit Exam. Answers will not be recorded until you hit Submit Exam. If you need to exit before completing the exam, click Cancel Exam. Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. Which of the following best describes the United States government?
A. Representative democracy B. Dictatorship C. Executive rule D. Direct democracy
2. Which one of the following individuals would be most likely to vote?
A. A 19-year-old high school graduate who likes to complain about the government B. A 50-year-old corporate executive who holds a master's degree in business C. A 30-year-old college graduate who has just moved to a new state D. A 22-year-old computer programmer
3. The legal right to expatriation means that you have the right to
A. retain your citizenship when living abroad. B. be given safe haven by american embassies abroad. C. have an expert witness testify at a trial brought against you. D. renounce your citizenship.
4. The XYZ PAC operates on behalf of the XYZ interest group. Which campaign behavior of the XYZ PAC would be against current law?
A. The PAC contributes $2,000 to Kroll and $4,000 to Loon because both claim to support the PAC's legislative goals. B. The PAC contributes $6,000 to candidate Kroll and $2,000 to candidate Loon. C. The PAC contributes $4,000 to the campaigns of Kroll, Loon, Marble, and Noonkester for a total of $16,000. D. The PAC creates its own campaign for candidate Kroll and contributes to the campaign of candidate Loon.
5. A primary source for getting specific information on a particular bill is
A. the Congressional Record. B. the Constitution. C. your state representative. D. Washington daily newspapers....