Group：The Bang |
1. As the third largest fast food chain in the U.S. and in the world, Wendy’s always interested in entering and opening the Chinese market. However its failure in many Asian countries and regions suggest that Wendy’s need to be more cautious when entering another new market. Therefore in this report, we try to find implemental marketing strategies that can help Wendy’s win the Chinese market.
2. The objectives of our research are:
a. to find the strengths and weaknesses of Wendy’s
b. to help Wendy’s understand the Chinese market.
c. to find out effective marketing strategies that can help Wendy’s enter China
3. Chapter 1 looks into the Wendy’s company. In this Chapter, we review both Wendy's performance in the past and its strategies used in the industry to promote its products and services. By doing this internal analysis, we have found Wendy's situation in the U.S. is not as good as it used to be. Overseas expanding is a necessary step to grow.
4. Chapter 2 is the Chinese market analysis. In this Chapter, we reviewed the past performance of Chinese fast food industry, including market value, sales volume and market share and also predict future growth rate for the fast food industry in China.
5. Chapter 3 is about the fast food survey we conducted. The survey helps us to find out Chinese customers’ preferences. We also did customer segmentation based on survey results.
6. Chapter 4 “competitor analysis” analyzes several main competitors of Wendy’s in the Chinese market.
7. In the final Chapter, we made implementable recommendations to Wendy’s. We suggest Wendy’s to differentiate itself from other fast-food restaurants by first targeting office workers who age from 24 to 30. In addition, we have other suggestions regarding localization, special cultures and consuming behaviors.
Wendy’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers is one of the top-ranked fast food restaurant chains in U.S. It was...