BUS/415 Final Exam v.9
1) The form of alternative dispute resolution wherein the parties hire someone to review the evidence and make a decision that is binding upon the parties is called
2) The Federal Trade Commission is an example of
A. a federal agency created by the federal government
3) A corporation is considered a citizen of what state?
C. The state where it filed its Articles of Incorporation
4) The Federal False Claims Act is also known as
B. the Whistleblower Statute
5) Utilitarianism is a moral theory, which states
A. ethics requires a decision-maker to take actions which result in the greatest good to society
6) Which of the following statements is true?
D. A course of action can be legal but not ethical.
7) If a defendant files a motion for summary judgment in a civil case, what is the defendant saying?
D. That even if what the plaintiff says is true, there is no basis for judgment against the defendant
8) A defendant fails to answer a civil lawsuit, what is likely to happen?
B. The court will grant a default judgment against the defendant.
9) The legal authority of a court to make orders that are binding upon the parties is called
B. personal jurisdiction
10) Harry Hoosier, an Indiana resident, drives his family to Florida for spring vacation. When he is at a red light, Freddie Floridian, a Florida resident, is unable to stop in time and his vehicle impacts Harry’s car from the rear. No one is hurt and Harry’s vehicle suffers approximately $10,000 in damages. Which is correct?
C. Harry can sue Freddie in state court but not federal court in Florida but not in Indiana.
11) Monica owed Bob $500 for a business investment, which was more than a year overdue. Bob got drunk at a party and told everyone that Monica had owed him $500 for over a year. Can Monica recover from Bob for defamation?
B. No, because Bob was telling the truth.
12) What is the definition of a tort?
D. Any civil wrong that allows...