I. Although it was a sad experience at the time, an accident
my father had when I was young helped make me the person I am today.
1. Attention grabber: The story of the accident.
II. My father’s accident has had a shaping effect on my life in many ways. The three most important effects it has had are:
1. It has allowed me to become a stronger person.
2. It lead me to have the job I currently have and previous jobs I have had.
3. It showed me that anything can happen at any given time.
I. First of all, my father’s accident allowed me to become stronger as a person.
1. It was such an unusual happening, I am able to deal with more difficult stressors in my life.
2. I learned how to look on the bright side of bad situations and try my best to do it often.
II. The accident also lead me to have to job I currently have and previous jobs I have had.
1. Since I was eight, I visited my father in rehabs and nursing homes. I received my CNA certification the summer after my father passed away.
2. I worked at an assisted living facility for a year, and I currently work as a CNA at the hospital.
III. Finally, I am a firm believer that anything can happen at any given time, and no one is an exception.
1. I would have never thought that I would be the one who’s father got into an accident and wasn’t the same ever again.
2. I always think “What if” and never expect that everything is going to be good all the time.
I. Even though you would think nothing good could come out of such a sad event, the accident made me stronger as a person, lead me to have my current job, and showed me that anything can happen at any given time.
II. Quote by William James: The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.