When preparing and setting up your paper in the APA format, what are the required margins, fonts, and spacing?
Margins- Should be at 1 inch on all sides left, right, top and bottom.
Fonts- Should be Times New Roman font size should be at 12.
Spacing- Should be at 2.0.
Please describe the following components of a research paper in APA format and how you would use Microsoft Word to create them. Refer to the Steps to Formatting Your Research Paper guide or other resources:
Title Page- The title page of all reports should be a students name, class and centered on the page.
Paragraph Formatting- 1) You would click on the Home Tab
2) You would then Select Center Alignment
3) You would type in your full title again using standard capitalization rules then you would hit enter once to double space.
4) Click the home tab again
5) At this time you would select the left alignment
6) Then you would hit the tab button once to intent your paragraph.
7) Next you would hit enter once to start a new paragraph and hit tab once to indent.
Citations- 1) You would locate the references tab
2) You would want to make sure that the style is set to APA
3) Select insert Citations
4) Then you would Click " Add New Source"
5) For Reference page citing you would click the "Type of source" Arrow and select the appropriate type of source that you will be citing.
6) Then you will fill in the fields on the pop up screen
7) Click OK
Abstract [Please note that longer APA research papers must include an abstract. While our paper does not require an abstract, always verify with your instructor to see if it is required).
When writing a research paper, you should never include Wikipedia as a resource. Why is Wikipedia not considered a credible source? This is because the information on this website is always changing and could be wrong at some points.
What are the ethical considerations to be followed when writing a research paper and why are they...