1. Does the body adjust its pH by glomerular filtration, tubular reabsorption or
tubular secretion? Explain how it does so.
Body adjust its pH by tubular secretion, because hydrogen ions generated by the dissociation分离 of the carbonic acid碳酸 are secreted by sodium-linked counter transport in exchange for Na+ in the tubular fluid and then into the bloodstream, where they help prevent changes in plasma pH.
酸离子是由于碳酸分离而生成的，碳酸是由于sodium-linked counter 跟钠交换得来的。
2. Which white blood cells have the main roles in the specific immune response?
3. Removing _______fribrinogen______from the blood stops it from clotting.
4. What does it suggest if you find red blood cells in urine?
An abnormal amount of blood in the urine can be acute (new, occurring suddenly) or chronic (ongoing, long term). Acute hematuria can occur just once, or it can occur many times.
Sometimes the urine can appear with a color indicating hematuria though the urine actually does not contain red blood cells but rather is discolored by medications or foods. This can be distinguished by a urinalysis (UA) test.
Up to 10% of people have hematuria. About 3% of people develop gross hematuria.肉眼血尿
· Women develop hematuria more than men because women are more likely to have urinary tract infections, and these infections may lead to hematuria.
· Older adults, especially men, have hematuria more often than younger people because they are more likely to take medications that can irritate刺激 the urinary tract, or have enlargement of the prostate, or cancer.
5. What is the body's preferred source of energy?
The body prefers carbohydrate as it is the easiest to break down, and is also a quick release energy source. The reason the body doesn't like fats as energy, is because they have other uses, and the body likes to keep it for those reasons. It is also the energy source that is highest in energy, and they also provide the body with other vital nutrients....