SAMPLE PAPER / MODEL TEST PAPER
CBSE SA – 2 (II) 2012
SUBJECT – MATHEMATICS
Question number 1 to 10 carry 1 mark each. For each of the question 1-10, four alternative choices have been provided of which only one is correct. You have to select the correct choice.
1. The sum of the first 15 multiples of 8 is:
(a) 920 (b) 860 (c) 900 (d) 960
2. A tangent PQ at a point P of a circle of radius 5 meets a line through the centre O at a point Q so that OQ = 12 cm. Length PQ is:
(a) 12 cm (b) 13 cm (c) 8.5 cm (d) root 119 cm
3. If y =3 is a root of the quadratic equation ky2 + 3 – ky = 0, then the value of k is:
(a) ½ (b) -1/2 (c) 2 (d) -2
4. A girl calculates that the probability of her winning the first prize in a lottery is 0. 08. If 6000 tickets are sold, how many tickets has she bought?
(a) 40 (b) 240 (c) 480 (d) 750
5. A tree breaks due to storm and broken part bends so that the top of the tree touches the ground making an angle of 30 degree with ground. If the distance between the foot of the tree to the point where the top touches the ground is 8 m then the height of the tree is:
(a) 8/3 cm (b) 3/8cm (c) 8 root 3 m (d) 8/ root 3 m
6. A point P is 13 cm from the centre of a circle. Radius of the circle is drawn from P to the circle is:
(a) 10 (b) 11 (c) 12 (d) 13
7. If tangents PA and PB from a point P to a circle with centre with O are inclined to each other at angle of 80 degree, angle POA is:
(a) 50 degree (b) 40 degree (c) 70 degree (d) 90 degrees
8. The circular ends of a bucket are of radii 35 cm and 14 cm and height of the bucket is 40 cm. Find the volume.
(a) 50080 cm cub (b) 80080 cm cub (c) 70080 cm cub ...