Ethics Essay Outline
Intent: To persuade the audience how ethics has impacted our society and the benefits/risks associated with teaching teenagers to improve their behavior and thinking.
A. In our world of cheating, lying, and stealing, is there any more sense of ethics?
B. A wrong sense of ethics is consuming our world in a big fire.
C. Teenagers have the potential to be better, only if they are shown the light.
II. Thesis: As the behavior of teenagers get more outrageous, they must be taught to act and think better for the good of society.
A. Explanation of Ethics as a whole
1. “The doctrine or practice of the duties of life; manner of living as regards right and wrong; conduct; behavior.”
a. Ethics is not just the decision of right or wrong, but it is a duty
2. Everyone already went through the process, not just teenagers.
b. Everyone goes through the process, as people grow in life. Everyone shares the same basic experiences: going to school and interaction with parents.
B. Ethics applied to teenagers, make the wrong decisions
1. More than one in four teenagers stole, 60% cheated on a test
a. This shows many people who think it is okay and thinks it is a small thing.
2. Teenagers will do anything to be successful.
b. Due to pressure from their parents and own greed, they think it is OK to lie, cheat, and steal.
3. They need to open their eyes: 92% say they believe they have a good sense of ethics
c. Because teenagers think they can do anything to succeed, they believe what they are doing is right and will benefit them.
C. Parents could help by actively participating in their child’s life, teenagers can be taught and shown alternatives
1. Teens and adults could understand each other
a. Adults could understand that the environment...