10 points discussed in the Communist Manifesto Compared to Today
1. Abolition of the property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
* Meaning taking the extra property of the wealthy and them not profiting from it but this becoming property of the state so someone needing the establishment can utilize it and the state as a whole increase in wealth from it.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
* In today’s society the poor man pays the most because the more money you make decreases the amount of taxes you have to pay. We have a heavy regressive income tax.
3. Abolition of all the right of inheritance.
* This is where money would instead go into circulation to people who needed it instead of just because you were born. This is not something that in today’s society that will pass through easily or at all.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
* We do confiscate the property of those who abandon their estates. We also have laws in place that confiscates property of those who buy the property from the spoils of their crime committed.
5. Centralisation of credit in the hands of the state, by means of the national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.
* Federal Reserve Bank does serve this purpose. It lends money to the banks and sets up the interest rate
6. Centraliscation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the state.
* This is controlled by the state because all vehicles are registered and maintained as to where they will be and how much worth and all communication monitored by the state.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
* This definitely applies because our independent farmers are definitely struggling to make it because the subsidized crops are...