10 Common Effects of Modern Lifestyle on Health
* An increase in habits and addictions. The presence of a modern lifestyle has brought about and increase in alcohol consumption and additive habits such as drinking caffeine, smoking, etc. In such cases, you need go to any of the addiction treatment centers. These habits can be especially bad for you health and lead to many diseases
* An increase in the consumption of fast food. A fast paced lifestyle has also brought about the increase of consumption of fast food. Many families choose to eat out simply because it is quicker than cooking a meal. Unfortunately, the increase in the consumption of fast food has had a devastating effect on the health of society as obesity rates are sky high and there are many health problems reported to be directly link to the overconsumption of fatty foods found in fast food.
* An increase in the use of diet pills and other fad diets that is detrimental to health. The modern lifestyle has also brought about a focus on appearance. One must always look his best. Diet pills and fad diets are popular among women to try to help shed unwanted weight and fit the picture of “perfect” that is portrayed by movie stars. Unfortunately, fad diets starve the body and diet pills lead to thyroid functioning problems.
* Loss of sleep. Those who have chosen to live the modern lifestyle will complain that they get too little sleep. Most adults are now getting as little as 5 hours of sleep a day as opposed to the recommended 8 hours. The body is never fully rejuvenated and this can cause loss of functioning along with other health problems. Sleep is essential to good health.
* Little time to exercise. The fast paced, modern lifestyle leaves both adults and kids with little time for physical activity. This, in turn, leads to a whole slew of health problems. From diabetes to heart disease, little or no exercise throughout the course of a lifetime is an equation for...